Autoclave Controls and Hardware Upgrade provides great feedback
Premier has recently completed a controls and hardware upgrade for CT Glass which has modernised the controls and implemented complete traceability and given a greater understanding of the cures which they use.
Chris Barley, Supervisor at CT Glass said, “Our operators all agree the system is very user friendly: within a few clicks we can pull off all required data. I also found it useful that the software can be customised to our needs. In terms of support, every time I contact Premier staff they are extremely helpful and reaction time is immediate- very important for us.”
Reason for works:
Modernise controls to increase efficiency, implement complete traceability & improve understanding of cures.
Description of works:
- Upgraded front end controls to Premier’s specifically designed CureManager software.
- Safety system upgraded to comply with PM73 HSE guidelines, bag-burst protection system installed, thermocouples transition (independent of controls) added for thermal uniformity surveys.
- Minimised customer disruption: Premier undertook most of works offsite and installed through 2 consecutive weekends and only 5 working days (including training and commissioning).
Benefit to customer:
- Greater understanding of autoclave thermal dynamics (using new thermal uniformity thermocouples) have improved production efficiency.
- 24/7 in-depth traceability enables detailed assessment if parts quality requires attention.
- Bag-burst protection system isolates automatically in the event of a leak, protecting other bags from positive pressure ingress.
- Supportable, reliable components installed ensuring minimised downtime in the event of a breakdown.